Sunday, February 13, 2011

The End.............

It is the morning of day 8.......and I'm drinking my morning elixir.............2 level teaspoons of sea salt in a quart of lukewarm water.........down it goes..........for the last time during this phase.

And I'm glad and ready for it to end.

This has not been difficult.  Really.  I have felt really really good.  In fact a friend of mine who has done this exclaimed that she actually feels better on a fast than when eating food.  I'll bet she's right.  The clarity and calm and focus on one's inner self is something I have never experienced before this.

But I am ready not to drink salt water in the morning.  And to look at what goes into my body a little more carefully.  Not to say I am not wondering what a french fry tastes like now.  Back to my obsession with the potato.........

I am hopeful this experienced has shifted me a bit.  Always a shift is good.  A change for the better in one, moves mountains eventually.

Not that the mountains need to move, but change is in the wind, isn't it?

I am on my way out of town for a short bit...........to stand on the edge of the big lake.  And feel it's power frozen.............and I will realize how small I am in the scheme of things............and this fast will pass........

No comments:

Post a Comment