Monday, February 7, 2011

Why do this?.................


"Fasting will bring spiritual rebirth to those of you who cleanse and purify your bodies.  The light of the world will illuminate within you when you fast and purify yourself.  What the eyes are for the outer world, fasts are for the inner." ~ Mahatma Gandhi


This is the end of day two.....heading to three of my eight day fast.............

And what I'm thinking about is why fasting has been a Spiritual practice.  I know.......silly me........how could I not know the answer to this question?  But I am thinking the answer is really only known to those who DO fast.

And as to my research on this fasting as a Spiritual Practice......it is suggested to spend my time meditating, and reading Spiritual material.........turning off TV.......and eliminating recreation and movies..........and I realized.......

I already do that..........and they are right.........to do those things would seem to defeat the purpose of being quiet with and honoring my body during this time.

So easy peasy!

and as a side note:

I feel GREAT!  Really.......GREAT!  Amazingly good.  My head is clear.  I have energy that I'm surprised to have......and I'm not hungry.......although talk tonight with a friend about spuds got me going!


So I just had another slug of lemonade.........

No comments:

Post a Comment